Take the next step in planning your degree!
All first and second year Dalhousie students are invited to attend the Academic Program Fair to connect with advisors about majors, minors, co-op and more! Explore academic programs and options available. You've chosen a degree but have you decided on a major? What about studying abroad for a term? Maybe you're thinking of changing programs? What do you want your academic experience to include? Come talk to professors and advisors to answer these questions and more at the Fair!
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
McInnes Room, Student Union Building
At the fair
- Speak to faculty & advisors from faculties and programs across campus
- explore available program and class options.
- understand program requirements necessary for graduation.
- confirm if you have an appropriate academic background for programs and classes you are considering.
- obtain an understanding of the workload associated with programs and classes you are considering.
- discuss your interests with departmental advisors.
- Declare your major—the Registrar's Office will be on site to guide you through the process.
After the fair
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor to continue to learn about program options and for help with degree planning.
- Attend departmental Advising Events for a closer look at program choices
- Contact Career Services to discover how part-time jobs, internships, and experiential learning opportunities (e.g. co-op) can help you achieve your career goals. You can also meet with a Career Counsellor to explore how your interests and values relate to your decisions about programs and careers.